I live my life by a set of principles, these shape my ideas but I try not to let them influence them. This is a blog about the evolution of my ideas, watch them grow, adapt and change.



Monday 23 September 2013

She's back

So..... it has been a while since my last post. Apparently life really does get in the way of things. It is time for a change though. I am going to be more dedicated a teach myself to commit to something new.

So a lot has changed for me in the last few months. I am now a working girl... no not in that way. But in a new, fantastic way. I have a job! A real working, could see myself doing this for a long time, job! I am also single...very strange feeling.

Okay, so i say it's a job.... well its a placement. As you can read from my post below, my complaints about not being able to find a placement in January of this year were rather evident. It made me realize however, how lucky i was not to get certain ones i did and right at the last minute everything just fell into place. This is so strange because as a person i am so organised and everything has to be just 'so', that doing anything last minute just can't be comprehended. Anyway, it happened, i am now and have been for the last 3 (almost 4 months) been working for a delightful little food company in North Dorset. It's funny because i say its small, but in terms of reach it really isn't!

For me, i think i was so narrow minded at the time, i had to apply for all of the large companies. To me, i thought that if i was to work for them then i would be seen as more successful. How wrong i was! One of my friends got a placement at a successful, large and very well known business and HATES it. Turns out that working for a smaller company (in terms of people not reach) is so much better. I have honestly been given so many more opportunities than i ever thought i would. I love what i do, even though i am only just really starting to do it, i get my opinion noted. Of course my opinion isn't always taken on board but the point is, i can get it across. I have the ability to open peoples eyes to what i know is there. Its just about being given the opportunity to propose it and then your skills of making them understand. Of course no job is perfect, i would be slightly worried if it was. But the people who are there for me, the ones who make it special, they are the ones worth listening to. The rest... you just have to take with a pinch of salt.

I will be sure to keep updates of what is going on (within reason of course) and make sure that anything i can pass on.. i will.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment